Glitter Punk Jewellery is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Glitter Punk Jewellery may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1 September 2015.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, as long as you have opted in to receiving them via the sign-up form. We will not send you marketing emails on the basis you have bought products from us in the past.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We will never sell your information on to any third parties
- We will pass your information on to third parties in order to process your order and communicate with you. See the ‘controlling your information’ heading below for the full list of third party companies we use to do so.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We use Google Analytics to analyse this website – if you wish to opt out please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless:
- We are required by law to do so
- We need to pass your information to a third party company in order to fulfill your order (see list of third party companies just below)
- You have opted into the Glitter Punk email marketing list
Glitter Punk works with a limited number of third party companies to process your data, in order to fulfill your order and communicate with you:
- Royal Mail
Glitter Punk has vetted these companies to make sure your data is treated securely and lawfully.
You may request details of personal information which is held about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact me.
If you believe that any information I am holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email or contact me as soon as possible. I will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.